Payroll Accountant and Benefits Administrator for Not-for-Profit, Community Services Organization client, Markham.
Marberg Job Number: 1214.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term ASAP to 3+ months in duration while client implements an automated accounting and payroll system; with opportunity to extend or convert to direct employment according to client business requirements.
Number of Positions Open: 1.
Experience Level Required: Intermediate.
Target Compensation: $34 to $38 per hour, with some flexibility according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: ASAP; please note that our client is looking for an ASAP start date, ideally within the week.
Work Hours: Regular Business Hours (35 hours per week); there is also an option for flexible part-time hours, within Monday to Friday, should you prefer to work part-time.
Work Location: Onsite, at client’s office located in Markham. Free parking provided.
Ergonomic Requirements: Regular Desk Duties.
Dress Code: Business Casual; Facemask to be worn in Designated Areas of Client Building as required; Fragrance/Perfume Free Workspace Policy in effect.
- Run a full-cycle, bi-weekly payroll for 250+ staff on primarily unionized and salaried staff, on a manual payroll system.
- Administer employee benefits plans.
- Process ROE’s.
- Update employee payroll records on a manual system, including new hires, terminations, vacations, leaves of absence, address or direct deposit information, etc.
- Produce variety of financial reports including benefits analysis reports, payroll accounting reports.
- Update journal entries into centralized accounting system.
- Additional payroll and benefits administration responsibilities as required.
Education: Post secondary education in related discipline preferred.
Professional Credentials: Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification an asset.
Preferred Experience: 3+ years of full-cycle payroll processing and benefits administration experience, ideally from a unionized, not-for-profit environment.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice Suite, with advanced proficiency in MSExcel (will be tested)
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested)
- Thorough familiarity with Canadian payroll requirements and best practices (may be tested)
- Proficiency with common accounting and payroll software platforms.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Ability to commute to and work onsite daily.
- Satisfactory CPIC Criminal Background Check, Technical Skills Evaluations, Credentials Verification (if applicable) and Employment References.
- Satisfactory completion of Ontario government provided Health and Safety and AODA online courses prior to onboarding.
- Confirmation of full COVID vaccination status or satisfactory alternative accommodation suitable for a health care services environment for a vulnerable population, in compliance with client business requirements and health and safety policies.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 1214
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 34
Date Updated 07/09/2021