Licensed Paralegal required by Provincial Government Client
Job type: Temporary fulltime
Job Posted: October 29, 2019
- Carries out legal/general research by: researching law texts and case books for cases (recent cases/new legislation)
- To identify legal issues based on knowledge of legal principles;
- Analyzes facts based on knowledge of the law (e.g. statute or case law)
- Reviewing and assessing government records to determine relevance and privilege for specific litigation(s).
- Review and identify facts and evidence to assist counsel in development of legal strategy
- Summarizing and organizing documents into collections as determined by legal counsel
- Must be a certified Paralegal with membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Must understand class action litigation procedures
- Knowledge and experience in production requirements for class action litigation
- Minimum of 3 years of legal experience
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret relevant Ministry statutes and regulations, including Proceedings against the Crown Act, Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act, and regulations to the Rules of Civil Procedure including applicable timelines to ensure claims are handled appropriately
- Research skills and ability to locate relevant documents using full text and Boolean search techniques.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, legal office administration principles and paralegal experience in document search are required
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, discretion, confidentiality
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 520
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 29
Date Updated 10/30/2019