Merchandising Planner for provincial government agency client, North York head office.
Marberg Job Number: 2064.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to May 10, 2024, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $42 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at client’s North York office, at TTC station.
Planning, analysis, and ongoing development of monthly end-to-end consumer packaged goods (CPG) product lifecycle management (PLM) and product merchandising processes for multiple projects related to a portfolio of CPG product types and distribution channels.
- Lead implementation and refinement of PLM standard operating procedures and policies.
- Monitor and analyze PLM related information. Conduct data analysis related to business plans and financial implications. Proactively identify and address issues.
- Lead weekly internal cross functional team meetings to assess and report on projects’ progress and status.
- Participate in internal and external communications plans.
- Create, update and publish monthly workback schedules, and follow up with project stakeholders to ensure project timelines and deliverables are on track.
- Additional product lifecycle management and merchandising project deliverables as assigned.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Merchandising or Business Administration.
Professional Credentials: CAPM or PMP designation an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 2-5 years of experience in project or program management.
Preferred Sector Experience: Product Lifecycle Management experience from a retail merchandising or CPG environment.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Strong English communication skills, including advanced level business writing skills and verbal presentation skills suitable to a range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Ability to plan, organize and create reports from a large data set.
- Experience with long and mid-term business planning.
- Experience with sales and inventory forecasting.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment / position responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2064
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 42
Date Updated 08/28/2023