Manager – Billings and Accounts Receivable for professional association.
Position Type: Permanent full time
Compensation: $91,000 – $101,000 per annum
Core Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (some seasonal overtime work required)
- Manage three direct reports.
- Oversee the billing and receivable functions and delivery of related services for the organization, managing operational priorities, developing processes and timelines.
- Develop and implement billings, accounts receivable and suspension policy and procedures in collaboration with other team members.
- Manage large scale billing and collection of professional licensing fees, verifying accuracy, ensuring adherence to organizational policies and completion in a timely manner.
- Oversee administration of monthly and annual pre-authorized payments, analyze discrepancies between accounts receivable and general ledger balances, verify licensee account statuses and monitor collections process. Closely review daily deposits.
- Work with external auditors including providing reports and documents for substantive testing.
- Use industry awareness to provide policy insight and procedural plans to related departments using strong analytic ability and detail oriented approach to recommend best practices.
- Oversee license suspension process in collaboration with senior team members.
- Develop and ensure adherence to processes related to the accuracy, integrity and security of financial and payment information.
- Broad HR responsibilities for Billing and Accounts Receivable staff including hiring, training, performance management and compensation, modelling positive leadership behaviour and empowering employees through process.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate a variety of ongoing and special projects, applying critical thinking skills to relevant organizational improvement.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Commerce or Honours Business Administration Degree.
- Active enrollment in CPA program.
- 5+ years relevant experience in accounting, billings and accounts receivable with at least 2 years working in a supervisory role.
- Experience with change management an asset.
- Proficiency in AS400, Infinium, or equivalent computerized accounting program.
- Proficiency in Cognos, Crystal Reporting, Showcase or equivalent data management technology.
- Advanced spreadsheet analysis and MS Excel proficiency and overall strong computer literacy.
- Demonstrated expertise in the impact of technology on billings and A/R operations, i.e. impact on analysis, reporting and presentation of financial information.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a team oriented approach.
- Clear, articulate manner of speaking and writing with good oral reasoning skills and strong writing.
- Ability to present complex information to a range of audiences.
- A history of high level customer service skills in work and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills with the ability to take or recommend appropriate solutions when issues arise using good judgement, and applying critical thinking skills to continual organization improvement.
- Awareness of relevant professional legislation and demonstrated adherence in all work.
- A history of a high level of professionalism, personal ethics and tact.
Excellent career opportunity. Easy access downtown Toronto location. Competitive benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 820
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 91000
Date Updated 06/19/2020