Logistics Clerk for Government Health Organization in Downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1431.
Job Type: temporary with an initial term of 3-6 months.
Compensation: $23.55 to $25.22 hourly
Recommended Application Date: Please note that we are shortlisting Candidates immediately, and will be reviewing final applications by January 7, 2021.
Work Hours: 8 hour shifts, Tuesday to Saturday or Wednesday to Sunday.
Work Location: Onsite in Downtown Toronto at University and College.
Dress Code: Safety or steel toe boots required.
The Logistics Clerk will handle the procurement, order management, warehousing and distribution of laboratory supplies.
- Receive and unpack incoming laboratory supplies.
- Inspect, record, and process receipt of incoming shipments and complete related paperwork.
- Track back orders, loss, and surplus of goods; coordinate return of damaged or expired goods to suppliers.
- Complete internal delivery of supplies and shipping of materials to regional labs.
- Ensure perishable goods, gas cylinders, solvents and acids are properly stored and delivered.
- Maintain and replace empty compressed gases.
- Coordinate warehouse inventory replenishment, including purchasing/expediting orders and preparing requisitions.
- Assemble orders per lab instructions and ship to external clients.
- Handle specimens.
- Complete waybills and coordinate courier and freight shipments.
- Support waste and recycling management by managing bins and contacting vendors for pickup.
- Coordinate Biomedical and Chemical waste pick-up.
- Operate and maintain heavy equipment such as forklifts.
- Manual labour including moving furniture.
- Additional Logistics Clerk responsibilities as assigned.
Education: High school Diploma
Preferred Work Experience: 1 year of experience in a similar role.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Familiarity with Sage Accpac.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in maintaining computer database inventory systems.
Task-Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Understanding of Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations.
- PHOL training and certification, and knowledge of PHOL stocking and shipping procedures.
- Knowledge of handling toxic substances as detailed in WHMIS.
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent professionalism, customer service and a self-motivated attitude, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as a part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1431
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 3
Pay Rate 23
Date Updated 06/01/2022