Litigation Legal Assistant for well established boutique employment litigation law firm client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1796.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent.
Compensation: $52,000 per annum to $58,000 per annum salary according to experience, plus comprehensive benefits and pension plan.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH, and near TTC Station.
Provide legal administrative support for 2 lawyer share.
- Schedule meetings, hearings and conference calls with clients, courts, tribunals and other legal agents.
- Keep track of imperative dates and timelines for lawyers using Microsoft Outlook.
- Manage and respond to internal and external correspondence, including client inquiries and requests. Follow up as needed.
- Organize and maintain large volumes of electronic and hard copy files and documents.
- Compose, edit, and revise correspondence, administrative tribunal and court forms, and other legal documents.
- Arranging for serving and filing of legal documents with courts, tribunals and opposing counsel.
- Prepare summonses and arrange for service by process servers throughout Canada.
- Additional legal and administrative support responsibilities as required.
Education: Post-secondary education in legal administration or equivalent discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of related work experience as a litigation legal assistant.
Preferred Sector Experience: Employment Law experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Strong proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, Excel and Outlook (may be tested).
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Acrobat (may be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing skills (may be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax (may be tested).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and strong work ethic.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team, and liaise effectively with a wide a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of employment responsibilities prior to employment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to employment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to employment start, subject to reasonable accommodation per the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1796
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 52000
Date Updated 11/02/2022