Litigation Legal Assistant supporting 1 Partner, well established boutique commercial litigation and business law firm, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job # 1159.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time.
Work Hours: Regular daytime hours.
Work Location: Onsite, at downtown core Toronto office, located on PATH.
Compensation: $50,000-$60,000 per annum according to experience + benefits.
- Drafting, preparing and typing of documents, including correspondence, accounts, pleadings, briefs, various litigation documents and court forms.
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system and diarizing court dates, examinations for discovery, meetings, and appointments.
- Responding to and addressing client inquiries and conducting follow up as required.
- Maintaining and organizing Client files and maintaining precedent systems as required.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing bring forwards.
- Updating and maintaining client/matter lists.
- Scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Demonstrating a team attitude with an accountability and confidentiality to both internal and external clients to achieve goals of the Firm.
- Other legal administration duties as assigned including backup support to other lawyers and legal assistants as required.
- Post secondary Diploma or Degree in related discipline.
- 2+ years of application legal administration experience supporting a litigation practice.
- Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and related Forms and Practice Directions.
- Advanced document management skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with Hyperlink function.
- Advanced MSOffice Suite proficiency, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing speed of 50+ wpm (will be tested).
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat (will be tested).
- Polished, professional phone manners and commitment to client service.
- Excellent written communication skills including grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, etc. (will be tested).
- Dicta transcription skills.
- Strong clerical skills and superior attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, follow-up and time and project management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work requests effectively.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a busy team environment.
- Excellent judgement and ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Excellent work ethic; ability to work effectively and maintain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work onsite every day.
- Satisfactory CPIC Criminal Background Check, Education Verification and Employment References.
- Satisfactory COVID Clearance and completion of Ontario government provided Health and Safety and AODA online courses.
Outstanding opportunity for technically strong legal administration professional looking to enhance their experience. Secure, well equipped office with robust social distancing safety protocols in place. Easy PATH access on TTC and GO. Nice work environment with room for growth.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1159
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 50000
Date Updated 05/28/2021