Litigation Assistant required for provincial government, responsible for providing filing, litigation and procedural law support in addition to general administrative support to an assigned group of professionals and/or lawyers.
Position type: Temporary full-time
Job Posted: October 2, 2019
- Prepare correspondence, affidavits, Commission/Court proceedings materials, documents, spreadsheets, and presentation materials.
- Proofread prepared documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate audio file/message transcribing and translations as required.
- Coordinate documents and materials for distribution and filing, order/file court documents, request information from external sources
- Maintain case calendar, ensuring timelines are managed, with weekly updates forwarded
- Maintain physical and electronic documentation filing system, ensuring records and documentation are filed, retrieved, closed and stored in accordance with appropriate protocols.
- Two-year diploma in legal office administration from a community college with 4 years of related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialized knowledge of the securities industry and law.
- Strong understanding of relevant litigation administration, processes, rules of procedure for Commission and various courts, disclosure requirements and document management protocols to effectively proofread and prepare documents.
- Specific working experience supporting senior legal counsel in the criminal justice system related to court processes, executing documents such as search warrant returns, logging court attendance, filing deadlines for charter motions and appeals, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Previous experience working with senior legal counsel in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Attention to accuracy and detail. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 480
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Legal
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 28.25
Date Updated 02/10/2019