Litigation Assistant required for a large provincial government agency.
Job #: 201
Job Posted: May 30, 2019
Compensation: $25 – 29.67
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a wide range of administrative and procedural support.
- Prepare general correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, and legal documents; may transcribe audio files.
- Support the court process by preparing materials (i.e. disclosures), performing redaction, and organizing documents for the administrative tribunal or court.
- Prepare and compile affidavits for hearings and ensure affidavits are documented and numbered.
- Request information from external sources.
- Electronic organization, storage, and management of on site and off site records.
- Schedule meetings/conference calls, make travel arrangements, prepare meeting materials, arrange catering, and prepare expense claims.
- Respond to internal/external queries, handle incoming and outgoing email, mail and faxes, and photocopy, collate and bind documents.
- Completion of a two year community college diploma in legal office administration.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years related experience.
- Intermediate level experience supporting litigation process.
- Strong understanding of statutory rules of procedure.
- Strong knowledge of litigation documents, disclosure requirements, court processes and document filings.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and duties and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
Job ID: 201
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 29.67
Date Updated 05/31/2019