Library Technician for federal government client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 1731.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: September 26, 2022 to December 16, 2022, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $23.50 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 8 am to 4 pm, not including .5 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s mid town facility, near TTC station. Parking also available.
Ergonomic Requirements: In additional to regular desk work, there will be occasional light to medium weight lifting; standing for extended periods; bending, crouching, over-head reaching; climbing step stools or small ladders; pushing a trolley; and other off-desk work related to library stack management.
Onsite Dress Code: Corporate or Business Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
To provide general library support including circulation, shelving, retrieving and mailing out library materials, and receiving and processing incoming library mail.
- Perform circulation duties, including check-in and check-out, using SYMPHONY integrated library system.
- Record transactions related to library acquisitions, collection management, and library administration into online system. Update, maintain and produce reports from MSExcel spreadsheets.
- Label and process physical library material, and add copies into ILS.
- Stack management, including shelving, and preparing signs for library collections.
- Prepare library materials for digitization.
- Prepare surplus library materials for disposal by creating and circulating lists of surplus library material; sending surplus library material to requesting libraries; and boxing remaining surplus library material for disposal.
- Additional library technician responsibilities as required.
Education: Completion of at least 2+ years approved post-secondary education in library science.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 6+ months of recent, continuous experience in shelving library materials.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with SYMPHONY, HORIZON, Innovative Interfaces, or Ex Libris integrated library systems, including Circulation and Serials Control functions. Work experience in SYMPHONY ILS an asset.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated work experience performing general library duties.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization. Polished and professional telephone manners.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Federal Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon Client request for interview and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1731
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 23.5
Date Updated 05/09/2022