Legal Secretary required for provincial government ministry located in downtown Toronto.
Job #: 906
Job Type: Temporary, Part time- Three days per week on a rotational basis
Location: onsite, downtown Toronto
• File, organize, scan, copy and fax legal documents
• Transcribe and proofread legal documents
• Assist legal team with calendar management, document preparation, court filings, travel arrangements
• Drafting basic correspondence, and preparing for signature
• Liaison with clients, counsel, File management, Docketing, Triage/prioritizing work
• Prepare legal documents such as motion records, appeal books, facta, affidavits, memoranda and continuing records
• File documents with the court ahead of deadlines.
• Maintaining and updating various manual and computerized filing systems
• Recent relevant general legal secretarial experience in law office or similar setting
• Family law, litigation and/or estate experience would be an asset
• Knowledge of Family law rules and procedures
• Familiar with drafting court documents and legal terminology including formats
• Experience with time docketing and case management software
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong planning, organizing and time management skills
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 906
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government, Legal
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 24
Date Updated 01/10/2020