Legal Receptionist required for small, mid-town law office. Some introductory legal office experience required.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term up to 3 months.
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm with one hour unpaid lunch break, M-F.
Work location: Onsite at secure office with robust social distancing safety protocols in place.
Compensation: $21-$24/hr according to experience.
Ergonomic requirements in addition to regular desk job: Will need to occasionally climb stairs between different floors; lift items up to 10 pounds; re-shelve or retrieve items from floor to overhead height. Will be responsible for basic facilities maintenance and tidying duties for staff kitchen.
PPE: Will be required to wear a face mask covering nose and mouth in designated common areas of the office and building. No need to wear mask at desk, but must don mask if someone enters the reception area. This is a socially distanced office with minimal staff onsite at any given time, and not currently receiving outside visitors other than courier deliveries or building maintenance as required.
- Receive and forward phone calls, take messages in a friendly, professional manner.
- Data entry for case files using Prima Fact database (will be trained). This is largest percentage of job responsibilities.
- Process internal and external mail; faxes, correspondence; couriers, external storage.
- Maintain clean, safe, and well organized reception area; kitchen area; and meeting rooms.
- Maintain office supplies.
- Additional reception and office administration responsibilities as assigned.
- Above average interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and professional telephone manners.
- Previous experience in reception and office administration; introductory legal office experience required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and switch smoothly between new and existing priorities.
- Highly organized and detail focused.
- Proficient in MSOffice-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (will be tested).
- Accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
- Will be trained on Primafact and PCLaw software platforms.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and employment references.
Excellent opportunity for candidates who have successfully completed a legal administration internship program.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1144
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 21
Date Updated 04/30/2021