Legal Receptionist and Office Administrator for well established, boutique litigation firm, mid-town Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1995.
Job Type: Temporary / Temp-to-Perm.
Initial Term: ASAP for up to 3 months, with possibility of permanent full-time hire.
Compensation: From $19 per hour to $21 per hour, according to experience.
Additional Benefits: Eligible for firm’s benefits plan after full-time hire.
Regular Work Hours: FULL-TIME WORK HOURS – From 9 am to 5 pm not including 1-hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (35 hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s mid-town Toronto office, a short walk from TTC station.
Ergonomic Requirements: In addition to regular desk work, ergonomic requirements include regular light lifting (up to 10 lbs.), regularly using staircase to walk between floors, occasional mid-weight lifting (e.g. full banker’s box), occasional bending, crouching or overhead lifting to put away and retrieve files and supplies, occasional standing for periods of time for photocopying, collating, mailing, tidying front desk area, kitchen, etc., and other ergonomic requirements associated with records-management and facilities administration.
Onsite Dress Code: Corporate or Business Casual dress.
To handle day-to-day front desk operations, including answering and directing phone calls, greeting, assisting and directing visitors, processing internal and external mail, records and courier deliveries, maintaining office supplies, and assisting with clerical, word processing and data entry tasks.
- Answer incoming calls, and respond to inquiries in a positive, professional manner. Redirect calls or take clear, concise messages as required.
- Receive and welcome all visitors, directing and assisting as required.
- Process internal and external mail, correspondence and courier deliveries; respond to records retrieval or filing requests; process external storage.
- Maintain clean, safe, and well organized reception and kitchen areas. Maintain office supplies.
- Assist with photocopying, mailing, word processing, clerical support, and database maintenance functions. Will be trained on legal indexing and charting using PrimaFact database, and financial clerical administration using PCLaw.
- Additional reception and office administration support responsibilities as required.
Education: Highschool Diploma. Post Secondary education an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: Introductory level experience in reception and office administration.
Preferred Sector Experience: Professional services office experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (will be tested).
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Superior attention to detail (will be tested).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including proficient spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax, and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Previous reception experience.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1995
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 19
Date Updated 08/16/2023