Legal Assistants – Labour & Employment Law Firm
Job # 1114
Job Type: 2 Contracts – 12 months and 18 months respectively.
Hours: Regular Day Time Hours.
Work Location: Onsite, downtown office on streetcar line.
Compensation: Between $58,000 and $84,000 according to experience.
- Support 3+ lawyers in a shared environment
- Maintain appointment calendars including scheduling for hearings and court dates.
- Maintain tickler system.
- Maintain lawyers’ files and records, including opening and closing files, docketing, and billing.
- Prepare legal documents, proofreading and editing for grammar, spelling and content accuracy.
- Prepare routine correspondence.
- Prepare special reports and materials, including gathering and summarizing data.
- Dicta transcription as required.
- Liaise with clients, legal counsel and others under the direction of the lawyer and initiate follow-up action as required.
- Screen visitors, incoming calls, faxes and electronic mail as required.
- Training and mentor junior staff as required.
- Handle original hard copy records, books and other documentation, including retrieving, filing and lifting up to 30 pounds as required.
- Additional related legal administrative responsibilities as required.
- Legal Assistant College Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related experience – 12 month contract.
- 5+ years of related experience – 18 month contract.
- Experience with a document management system, e.g. NetDocuments.
- Good understanding of the Courts, the Rules of Civil Procedure and Administrative Tribunal Procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to follow up and coordinate effectively with clients, lawyers and colleagues.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Professional track record of being courteous, diligent, ethical and reliable.
- Strong proficiency in MSWord, Outlook (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing speed (will be tested).
- Able to perform dicta transcription as required.
- Strong writing skills (will be requested to submit written answers to questions as part of client’s interview process).
- Ability to commute and work daily onsite in client’s office.
- Satisfactory criminal background check, education verification and recent employment references.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1114
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Legal
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 58000
Date Updated 03/30/2021