Legal Assistant Litigation required for 4-6 months Maternity Leave replacement, with possibility of extension. Downtown Toronto law firm.
Position type: Contract (Mat Leave)
Job posted: October 7, 2019
- Support two lawyers, and the team, as necessary
- Manage calendars, schedule appointments, court appearances, deadlines, discovery examinations, etc.
- Compile briefs and motion records
- Prepare litigation documents including pleadings, orders and other court documents
- Transcribe dictation
- Manage phone calls and correspondence
- Organize business travel and meetings
- Prepare files, track and organize.
- Legal Assistant diploma or certificate
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Legal Assistant in the field of commercial or insurance litigation, commercial arbitration, litigation;
- Experience with insurance defence would be an asset;
- Impeccable English grammar with excellent verbal/written communication and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook & Office Suite, as well as of other systems used in a law firm;
- Handling and prioritizing workload while working under pressure of tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail and proactive case management;
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities;
- Professional manner with lawyers, clients and other team members at all levels.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 484
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 60000
Date Updated 07/10/2019