Legal Assistant for a Provincial Government Ministry, Downtown Toronto.
Job #: 169
- Preparing and compiling a wide range of legal documents from precedents and/or information provided
- Preparing routine correspondence from verbal instructions for signature by the Minister, Deputy Minister and other senior Ministry officers
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and conferences
- Setting up agendas and arranging travel and hotel accommodation
- Setting up and maintaining filing and indexing systems for Counsel
- Communicating upon instruction from Counsel with other Ministry and government staff, court administration officials and the general public
- Post secondary university degree in related discipline or legal administration college diploma
- 2+ years of legal administrative experience, preferably within litigation, tribunal/administrative or employment law
- Fast and accurate typing speed of 50+WPM
- Advanced MSWord and MSOutlook proficiency
- Advanced English writing skills, vocabulary
- Superior attention to detail
- Comfort with working to tight deadlines, managing priorities, working professionally within a high profile, confidential environment
- Superior interpersonal skills to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and professionally represent the Ministry office.
Easy access downtown Toronto location near TTC. Excellent opportunity for legal administration professional to gain government administration experience. Long term assignment 5.5 months, full time hours.
Job ID: 169
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 24
Date Updated 07/05/2019