Law Clerk and Property Administrator required for growing commercial real estate management and development firm.
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Compensation: $70-$90K (according to experience) + benefits
Hours: Regular business hours, some overtime required.
- Receive initial inquiries from potential commercial tenants, open new files, and initiate, coordinate and document the rental process up to and including the offer to lease.
- Regularly maintain and review files to determine critical deadlines and appropriate next steps, and initiate follow up as required.
- Prepare, format and revise commercial leases and related ancillary documents including amending agreements, sublease agreements, lease surrenders and renewals with a focus on retail leases and some traditional office building leases.
- Draft appropriate lease clauses using precedents or appropriate language.
- Prepare and process leasing documentation, lease analysis and summaries; first drafts of leases (when precedents are available), letters of reliance, statements of adjustment, assignments; subleases; distress notices and non-disturbance agreements.
- Conduct lease reviews, and liaise with counsel and tenants as required.
- Compose and type letters, memos.
- Liaise with Real Estate Brokers, Lawyers, Tenants, Property Managers and Accountants to ensure all documents are processed efficiently.
- Prepare and organize files in advance of meetings.
- Clerical responsibilities, including filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning, preparing cheque requisitions, maintaining physical and electronic files, etc.
- Maintain and monitor Outlook email accounts and calendars.
- Effective management of deadlines, schedules, and priorities.
- Provide additional legal administration and executive support to the senior management team as required.
- Completion of a recognized college level Law Clerk program, ILCO or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years’ legal administration experience in commercial leasing.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documents, including agreements and corporate filing.
- Demonstrated ability to draft minutes, correspondence and presentations.
- Superior judgment as well as exemplary organizational and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Assertive, results oriented, self-directed, diligent and reliable.
- Ability to organize, prioritize assignments and to produce high volume of work quickly and accurately.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, combined with a customer focused approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team member.
- Advanced proficiency in Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Fast and accurate typing skills.
- Experience monitoring expiry and due dates, setting reminders and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of professional contacts.
- Driven and determined to achieve and exceed company and professional goals.
- High level of composure with the demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and maintain strict confidentiality.
This is an ideal role for a candidate who enjoys being part of a small, experienced team, works well independently, and is looking for a stable, responsible, progressive position with a growing company. Easy access mid town location with free parking. Competitive compensation.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 756
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 70000
Date Updated 03/20/2020