Laboratory Services Representative – Part Time, for Provincial Health Services Laboratory client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1.
Job Type: Temporary; initial term 6 months.
Compensation: $24.40 per hour to $27.44 per hour, plus eligible Statutory Holiday pay.
Work Hours: Part-Time on Weekends and Statutory Holidays only; maximum 18 hours per week. Standard full day shift is 9 am to 5 pm.
Work Location: Remote; work equipment to be provided.
- Initial point of contact for general client inquiries on facility’s laboratory testing and other services. Clients include hospitals, community laboratories, physicians’ offices, clinics, long-term care facilities, nursing homes and public health units.
- Utilize electronic databases and other online reference materials to search, identify and provide information in response to client inquiries.
- Reach out to clients via phone to provide updated information on laboratory services, online tools and laboratory services requisition processes.
- Maintain and update client database information, e.g. contact information, etc.
- Identify, investigate and obtain missing information on laboratory services requests, in order to open requests in service fulfillment system.
- Collect data such as reported errors, perceived trends, common inquiries and complaints, in support of quality improvement initiatives and other projects.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties as required, e.g. maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems, faxing test results to clients, etc.
Education: Highschool Diploma.
Preferred Experience: 2+ years of medical laboratory experience or equivalent combination of post secondary education and work experience.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice: Word, Excel, Outlook (will be tested).
- Experience entering, updating and retrieving information from electronic databases.
- Internet research experience.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with medical terminology in order to respond to inquiries regarding laboratory testing and results.
- Familiarity with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act. Proven ability to professionally handle personal and confidential information in compliance with this privacy legislation.
- Strong understanding of customer service principles and best practices, and professional telephone etiquette.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, Employment References and COVID Clearance as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 1304
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 24.4
Date Updated 10/01/2021