Junior to Intermediate Corporate Accountant for downtown Toronto Capital Investment Firm client.
Marberg Job Number: 1310.
Job Type: Direct-Hire Contract, initial 6 month term.
Compensation: $28/hr to $32/hr, with some flexibility according to experience.
Work Location and Hours: Combination of 4 days onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office (on PATH, within walking distance from Union and GO Stations), and 1 day per week from home. Regular business hours, Monday to Friday.
Performs full cycle of corporate accounting functions, including:
- Assistance with preparation of T2 Tax Filings.
- Full cycle Accounts Payable, including data entry of invoices, applying payments into company’s accounting system, and completing cheque runs and wire payments.
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including generation of invoices and statements, collections, and applying and reconciling payments.
- Assistance with General Ledger month-end and year-end close, including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, reconciliation and preparation of working papers, preparation of journal entries, and providing supporting documents for annual audits.
- Additional accounting, financial reporting, and financial documents and data processing functions as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting/Finance.
Professional Credentials: Working towards a CPA Designation.
Preferred Experience: 2+ years of full cycle corporate accounting experience, preferably within an investment/capital management environment.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of Canadian IFRS accounting standards (will be tested).
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Online (will be tested).
- Proficiency in SAGE 300 (will be tested).
- Advanced proficiency in MSExcel (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively within a team, and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, Employment References and COVID Clearance as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 1310
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 28
Date Updated 12/10/2021