Junior Procurement Administration Clerk for provincial government agency client, currently remote-based.
Marberg Job Number: 1383.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term November 29, 2021 to February 21, 2022 with possibility of extension.
Work Location: Currently remote-based; may transition to onsite, downtown Toronto location later in the assignment.
- Receive high volume of procurement documentation (e.g. on-line requisitions, contracts, purchase orders), review for completeness, accuracy and compliance with organization procurement policies and other directives, and record into procurement database.
- Follow up with internal clients on incomplete or unclear information or to obtain required signatures.
- Scan, code and file all finalized or executed hard copy and electronic documents, forward to appropriate business contacts or department, and coordinate offsite storage according to corporate records retention policy.
- Populate online Procurement Module with required purchase fields (e.g. item description, part number, cost, account code, asset ID, etc.) and provide requesting internal client with item ID number.
- Forward relevant purchasing information and supporting documents to Accounts Payable department for set-up of new Vendor accounts.
- Run query reports on purchasing usage for various areas (e.g. food purchases, office supplies).
- Update corporate credit card database to issue, renew and cancel corporate credit cards as required, distribute or ship out credit cards, and advise credit cardholders accordingly.
- Respond to user inquiries and provide information on proper usage of online procure-to-pay systems. Update any non-compliances into user database.
- Additional procurement and purchasing clerical and administrative processing responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Post secondary diploma in procurement, supply chain management, business administration or finance.
Preferred Experience: Introductory exposure to procurement administration; internship experience applicable.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice including Excel, Word and Outlook (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
- Satisfactory business writing and proofreading skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft an asset.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Self starter. Polished and professional, with a demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Ability to work well both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, Employment References and COVID Clearance as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1383
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 18.71
Date Updated 11/22/2021