Junior Assistant – Facilities, for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
This is an introductory position, ideal for someone at the start of their business administration career, who is motivated to contribute to a high performance team, and gain experience within a professional office setting.
Marberg Job Number: 2108.
Job Type: Temp to Perm.
Initial Term: November 20 2023 for approximately 6 months, with potential of direct, full time hire.
Compensation: $18.76 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35.0 work hours per week). Occasional paid overtime may be required.
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station.
Ergonomic Requirements: Demonstrated ability to safely lift a minimum of 50lbs. Additional ergonomic requirements include regular traverse across and between internal floors and to the loading dock, as well as occasional external errands; pushing or pulling a supplies cart; bending, crouching and overhead lifting; regular and/or extended periods of standing; and regular handling of office supplies, office and meeting room equipment, and light tools.
Onsite Dress Code: Standard Business Casual attire, with occasional Corporate Dress according to client business requirements and events.
To provide administrative, data entry, photocopying, mailroom, filing, clerical, and office facilities services, in support of an efficient and well maintained office and business operations site.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and courier deliveries, including opening, sorting, logging, scanning, collection and distribution of documents and packages.
- Copy centre and print room services including documents scanning, photocopying, binding, collating and preparing for shipment.
- Manage centralized office supplies room and inventory, and re-stock printers and photocopiers as needed.
- Book and set up meeting rooms according to furniture and A/V configuration requirements.
- Assist with minor, internal office moves, including moving file boxes and furniture, and updating asset and inventory logs.
- Assist with minor maintenance issues such as fixing file cabinets, mounting whiteboards etc.
- Perform regular maintenance and inspections of shared spaces such as reception, meeting rooms and kitchens. Ensure spaces are tidy and presentable.
- Track and respond to facilities service requests through online service portal. Arrange for trades or custodial services accordingly. Receive and oversee maintenance workers and external contractors.
- Issue and track security badges, locker and equipment assignments, passkeys and taxi chits. Maintain daily logs.
- Additional clerical and facilities administration responsibilities as required.
Education: High school diploma.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 1 year of similar work, volunteer or internship experience from within a building facilities, mail room, inventory, retail or customer service environment.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency with Office 365 including Word, Excel and Outlook (will be tested).
- Strong data entry and typing skills (will be tested).
- General proficiency and familiarity with standard office equipment.
- Capability with light “handy” tasks is preferable (e.g. changing lightbulbs, hanging pictures, general tidying).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Hardworking and motivated to gain experience and progress within the organization.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be available for onsite interview between November 1-3, 2023.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies
- Ability to promptly provide 3 qualified employment references upon request, who are available to speak with either Marberg or Marberg’s client.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security checks upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved expense receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2108
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 18.76
Date Updated 10/20/2023