Junior Administrative Assistant required for mid size Toronto law firm.
Position type: Temporary with possibility of permanent hire.
Hours: Currently 8:30 am-4:30, with 1 hour unpaid lunch break (will transition eventually to 9 am-5 pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch); currently 4 days per week (expected to transition to 5 days per week later in year).
Position Location: Working onsite, downtown Toronto office with strong safety protocols in place.
- Provide general administrative support to firm members using a self motivated and personable approach.
- Employ consistently strong customer service to back- up reception coverage daily, and other internal and external communication.
- Provide entry level event planning support to team members including catering coordination, set up and tear down of meeting rooms.
- Complete some cleaning and organizational duties with ease, ensuring that kitchen, boardrooms and copy areas are clean, tidy and presentable.
- Order and maintain office supplies, anticipating requirements and ensuring that office is not without necessary materials.
- Fulfill ad hoc financial administration including bank runs and office supply ordering using discernment to make cost effective choices.
- Complete other errands and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Some post secondary education and/or combination of highschool and administrative experience.
- Strong professionalism, organizational skills and ability to work well in a corporate environment.
- Polished and effective communicator in person, writing and over the phone, both internally and externally.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced office environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word. Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Strong keyboarding skills (typing, data entry).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A solution driven approach to problem solving with strong self motivation and a sense of task ownership.
- Comfortable working in person in a downtown Toronto office with strong safety protocols.
Excellent opportunity for individual with strong clerical and communication skills, looking to develop business administration experience in a corporate office setting.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 828
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 16.5
Date Updated 10/07/2020