IT Team Lead
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
- Manage planning, design and delivery of IT services and systems for research and corporate information systems.
- Manage engagement with other complex organizations and service providers
- Lead planning, development and implementation of operational, strategic and tactical plans for information technology infrastructure, security, communications, networks, storage and tools.
- Negotiate and manage contractual agreements with external vendors
- Lead planning, delivery and maintenance of business critical networks, communication infrastructure, servers, software, and corporate applications
- Ensure compliance with privacy legislation
- Assessment and recommendations for emerging technology
- Procurement of goods and services in accordance with procurement policy
- Leads IT projects from concept to implementation and closeout
- Plan and monitor IT services budget
- Manage inventory of IT assets
- Manage and direct staff, consistent with internal policies and procedures, Collective Agreement requirements and other relevant legislation or regulations
- 10+ years’ progressively IT infrastructure management experience in a complex environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or network engineering or related field
- CCNP, CISSP and MCSE certifications
- 5+ years work experience in LAN/WAN Network administration, firewall management and Windows Server administration.
- Expertise in Enterprise Network Architectures including Firewalls, Web Application Proxies, Routers, Switches, DNS, VPN, F5 Big IP and SSL.
- 5+ years’ experience administering/troubleshooting Windows Server, Active Directory, Skype for Business, MS Exchange, Sharepoint, VPN, VMWare and File/Print Servers.
- Hands on experience with O365 and Azure implementations, setup of AD/ADFS/ADSync, migration of Exchange to O365, Identity Access Management
- Expertise in Network storage technologies such as SAN, NAS, NFS, RAID
- Leadership and management experience in a unionized environment
- Proficiency in network technology, servers, operating systems, data centres, user platforms, hardware and software in varied technical operating environments
- Understanding of ITIL operational standards
- Proficiency in service level metrics and management of vendor contracts;
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
Progressive career opportunity for IT Team Lead with leading public sector employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 625
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 95000
Date Updated 08/01/2020