IT Support Analyst for provincial government ministry Client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2053.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: September 5, 2023 to February 23, 2024, with possibility for extension.
Compensation: $42 Per Hour.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote and onsite work at Client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station.
To provide in-depth operational and technical support to internal and external clients.
- Analyze technical support incidents and provide solutions, explaining technical recommendations and requirements to non-technical users and decision makers.
- Develop and document enhancements and fixes to the enterprise-wide system.
- Liaise with other Information Technology staff, suppliers and partners to review/address related software issues.
- Monitor system and network performance to ensure continued service availability.
- Monitor and maintain database integrity.
- Handle, maintain and support incident management tickets from service administrators, managers and users of the service.
- Develop user manuals, test plans, change request documentation and other documentation as required.
- Additional technical support responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of progressive IT support experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (will be tested).
- Knowledge of client systems and customer service support of Internet based technologies (e.g. operation systems, application software, standard and commonly used software, networks, internet browsers, etc.) will be tested).
- Knowledge of communications, database management software as well as incident ticketing systems (i.e. Remedy).
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud solutions.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and professional verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated experience performing troubleshooting and providing end user support.
- Knowledge of database concepts and Service Management (e.g. Management of; Incident, Release, Change, Capacity and Availability).
- Experience evaluating potential impact of proposed changes on existing solution and network performance.
- Experience designing, implementing and testing/validating changes to systems and service.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security checks upon confirmation of Assignment Start and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2053
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 42
Date Updated 12/08/2023