IT Service Desk Analyst for provincial government agency client, Mississauga and Scarborough work sites.
Marberg Job Number: 1574.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to June 30, 2022.
Compensation: $29.85 per hour to $37.31 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including 45 minute unpaid lunch break, to be worked on a shift schedule between the hours of 8:30 am to 9 pm, Monday – Saturday; and 11 am to 6 pm on Sunday (36.25 total work hours per week). Additional paid overtime may be required.
Work Location: 100% onsite, rotating between our client’s Mississauga and Scarborough work sites. No travelling between sites is required, but you must be able to commute to either location as needed. Free parking provided at both sites.
Dress Code: Business or Neat Casual Dress; Facemask to be worn in designated areas of client facilities as required; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
Will provide installation, maintenance and troubleshooting services for IT hardware, software and telecom.
- Determine, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, or escalate as needed.
- Conduct computer deployments and rollouts.
- Conduct imaging of various hardware.
- Maintain complete and accurate asset and inventory records related to IT equipment.
- Maintain and develop additional IT documentation and records as required.
- Additional IT Service Desk responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree in related discipline, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 1+ years of progressive, related work experience on an IT service desk.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Strong PC desktop hardware, Network and Telecom experience.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft software products
- Sound knowledge of VPN clients, Citrix, mobile handhelds, and VoIP.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business and technical writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated experience conducting IT troubleshooting with clients over the phone or in person.
- Self starter: punctual, responsible and reliable, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work to due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous; able to work well both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Excellent listening skills: ability to provide and receive professional, effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite as required at both Mississauga and Scarborough work locations, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Aboriginal people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1574
Location: Canada Ontario Scarborough
Category: Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 9
Pay Rate 30
Date Updated 04/29/2022