IT Helpdesk Analyst – Tier 1 and Tier 2
Job Type: Permanent Full Time.
Hours: Regular day time hours; occasional on-call and overtime.
Work location: Remote and onsite.
Ergonomic Requirements: In additional to regular desk work, there will be occasional lifting of heavier items, bending, climbing stools or ladders and reaching overhead to set up equipment, as well as some travel between worksites in the GTA as required.
Compensation: $43K-48K per annum plus benefits.
- Provide first-line technical support to internal and external users.
- Resolve connectivity, workstation, application and communications issues at varying levels of complexity.
- Helpdesk and general facilities support including moving furniture, putting up signs, mounting peripherals.
- Provide support to MSTeams and other LMS platforms.
- Provide support for network printers and other hardware devices.
- Maintain user equipment including hardware, operating system, applications, and antivirus.
- Clean installation and activation of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, all versions of MS Office and other Windows-based software (antivirus/java/etc.)
- Sometimes deploying remotely to target computers.
- Maintenance of systems (hardware cleaning, updating, such as RAM, graphics cards, upgrades as required, etc.).
- Installation, mounting, and troubleshooting of peripherals; TV’s, projectors, and speakers.
- Maintain user access, roles, privileges, and distribution groups in Active Directory, Office 365 and Azure.
- Proactively identify users’ needs, evaluate software and hardware, and work with management to improve user experience.
- Additional helpdesk support responsibilities as required.
- College Diploma in Help Desk Technical Support or related discipline.
- 1+ years of applicable IT Helpdesk / Technical Support experience.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced with Windows/PC environment and management of Windows Server 2008 & 2012.
- Able to set up workstations and network wiring based on a given plan and having the creativity to set up an efficient network within the space.
- Proficiency in Active Directory, Office 365 and Azure.
- Advanced MSOffice proficiency including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Professional communication skills and telephone manners.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be on-call or work overtime as required.
- Ability to commute between different work locations within the GTA as required.
- Ability to occasionally lift heavier items such as computer, A/V or office furniture and handle off-desk as well as desk work.
- Satisfactory CPIC Criminal Background Check and Employment References.
Excellent introductory opportunity for someone looking to utilize their education and further enhance their experience in this field.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1149
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 43000
Date Updated 09/05/2021