IT Contract and Vendor Relationship Management Specialist for provincial government agency.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term to April 16, 2021.
Compensation: $61.09 per hour.
Hours: Regular business hours.
Work location: Remote; may transfer to onsite downtown Toronto work location in the future.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to negotiate and execute contracts.
- Manage external company relationships and contracts, from RFP to contract renewal and / or termination.
- Will participate in development of RFPs, contract negotiation and change requests, and work with internal IT team to establish IT service level requirements and performance targets to achieve business objectives.
- Identify and implement cost saving measures while maintaining or improving vendor’s performance and service quality.
- Implement effective sourcing management performance targets, processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with contracts; identify risks and provide reports on vendor performance.
- Maintain contract documents.
- Implement sourcing policy, incorporating industry best practices such as ITIL, COBIT, CORE, and ISO 38500 work input from staff and legal counsel.
- Monitor service level targets and other metrics to achieve business objectives while balancing costs.
- Facilitate appropriate performance targets for third party vendors. Identify and implement solutions to address gaps in vendor performance targets.
- Oversee vendor relationships including participating in any vendor oversight meetings.
- Conduct annual reviews of vendor performance and ensure contractual compliance.
- Maintain vendor records.
- Coordinate with internal procurement and legal teams as needed.
- Negotiate with the vendors to resolve contractual conflicts.
- Work with internal accounting to ensure vendor financial processes in compliance with contract and contractual payments are up to date.
- Perform research into insourcing/outsourcing trends and issues.
- Additional related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of government/public sector contracts administration experience.
- 5+ years IT contracts management experience.
- Certification in ITIL framework preferred.
- Certification in vendor management practices (e.g. CORE) or contract management.
- Proficiency using data metrics
- Superior analysis, problem solving and risk assessment skills and experience.
- Superior attention to detail to spot errors and inconsistencies.
- Excellent reading and language comprehension.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a high performance team environment.
- Commitment to stewardship of organizational values, principles and best practices.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and employment references.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1075
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Procurement, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 61.09
Date Updated 02/16/2021