Instructional Designer and Technical Writer for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2134.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to March 8, 2024, with possible extension.
Compensation: $52.63 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME HOURS: 7.5 work hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, near Union and GO Stations.
Using adult learning principles and modern instructional design methodologies, to design content for instructor-led, frontline worker onboarding program, focused on excellence in customer service, inclusion, and support to customers with disabilities and vulnerable populations, resulting in a safe and secure customer experience. Will gain deep understanding of organization mandate, products and services, and translate instructional, procedural and technical information into clear, polished, and engaging content.
- Partner with organization leaders to perform program needs analysis and translate them into learning objectives.
- Use existing program outline and other original reference materials to design instructional program and develop cohesive, relevant curriculum. Research and implement new technologies into instruction.
- Design and deliver instructional program materials and interactive learning tools, including: Instructor Guide, Learner Guide, Scenario-based Mastery Exam, and PowerPoint Presentations suitable to a range of audiences. Write user-friendly content that creates immersive educational experiences for target audience, maximizing learning and turning insights into language for user success.
- Create scenarios and practice activities to introduce new knowledge, and evaluate learning tools and methodologies.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative methods for improvement. Edit documentation for clarity without changing key information. Work with software engineers to improve user experience (ex: design, UI), refine content, and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Develop and maintain detailed database of reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Additional Instructional Design and Technical Writing responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree in Adult Education.
Professional Credentials: CTDP (Certified Training and Development Professional) designation, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 5 years of progressive experience in technical writing and instructional design projects.
Preferred Sector Experience: Experience designing course materials for frontline workers strongly preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced MS PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Strong proficiency in course development software, and ability to navigate learning management systems.
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, HTML or Flash.
- Expert level English communication skills, including superior business and technical writing skills (will be tested), and verbal presentation skills suitable to a diverse range of audiences, including boardroom and classroom settings.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- In-depth understanding of instructional design models and learning theories.
- Clear and effective curriculum-planning skills.
- Firm understanding of SDLC (systems development lifecycle).
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Candidates are only contacted via official phone call or email from Marberg Staffing. Please disregard any initial contact through other mediums such as text message or social media.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2134
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Communications and Marketing, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 52.63
Date Updated 11/24/2023