Information Systems Analyst – Provincial Government Agency for immediate assignment.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term 3-4 weeks with option to extend
Hours: Regular day-time hours
Location: Will be a combination of working remotely and onsite at downtown Toronto head office
- Technical systems support for the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure consisting of desktop computers, laptops, servers, network and communications equipment, peripherals and software, to meet organizational and end user business and security requirements.
- To provide technical support services to end users in the operation and use of computer hardware, software and peripherals, including implementing and troubleshooting hardware and software configurations and network and remote access connections and services, and providing related training.
- Monitor the operational integrity of the IT infrastructure, consisting of desktop computers, laptops, servers, network and communications equipment, peripherals and software, to identify and guide others to identify situations requiring attention.
- Guide others in the application of technical skills to ensure high level of service, high degree of availability and high level of security of the IT infrastructure.
- Implement and guide others in implementing solutions to IT infrastructure operational problems, and issues.
- Implement and guide others in implementing end user, operational, business or security requirements.
- Implement and guide others in implementing and troubleshooting end user service matters involving hardware and software configurations and network and remote access connections and services.
- Ensure that technical solutions are communicated effectively to the end users and that end user training is provided in a complementary manner, as appropriate to the solutions being provided.
- Provide data recovery and restoration services.
- Test and evaluate desktop computers, laptops, servers, network and communications equipment, peripherals and software to meet new or existing end user, operational, business or security requirements.
- Diagnose and/or guide others in the diagnosis of IT infrastructure operational problems or issues.
- Develop and/or guide others in the development of solutions to IT infrastructure operational problems and issues.
- Test and/or guide others in the testing of solutions to IT infrastructure operational problems and issues.
- Assess, analyse (conceptual/logical), design, test and modify new end user, operational, business or security requirements.
- Provide technical input to assist management in acquisitions planning processes.
- Develop solutions to complex and/or multi-faceted problems by integrating concepts, advice, standards and procedures from numerous and broad ranging sources.
- In implementing technical solutions, draw upon and integrate knowledge from a broad range of information sources.
- Participate and provide regular technical input to assist in the development, maintenance, enhancement and documentation of operational policies, procedures and standards relating to desktop computer, laptop and server images including operating systems, application software and network and communications configurations; user profile and access scopes and privileges; network, Intranet and Internet use and security; and system back-ups and security, in accordance with organization IT policies and directives.
- Participate in the establishment/development, maintenance, enhancement and documentation of technical and operational methods, practices, techniques and tools to support, implement and troubleshoot hardware and software configurations and network, Intranet, Internet and remote access connections, services and security.
- Carry out research in order to determine and/or recommend courses of action in order to resolve complex· and/or multi-faceted IT problems or issues.
- Interact and partner with IT Service Providers in order to ensure effective ongoing delivery of their services.
- Plan, schedule and administer individual or team projects as assigned.
- Provide support for projects, plans and schedules of activities of the other systems department staff.
- Provide ongoing technical input in order to ensure and improve overall compliance with departmental procedures and protocols.
- Advanced proficiency with remote desktop solutions, specifically Citrix.
- Advanced knowledge of office automation and corporate applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with and supporting desktop computer technologies and a wide range of commonly used application software (MS Office suite, MS Outlook/Outlook Express/Exchange; Windows Workstation operating systems, Crystal Reports).
- Knowledge and experience working with and supporting network and server based technologies, services and applications such as Windows Server operating systems, Exchange Server, Terminal Server and Citrix remote access, RAS remote access, VMware, ESX Server and Tools, Castelle FaxPress, SOL Server, anti-virus, anti spyware, patching, backup software solutions, etc.
- Knowledge and experience working with and supporting internet, intranet and VPN and security solutions.
- Knowledge and experience supporting and trouble shooting browser based applications.
- Knowledge of adult education and computer training methods and practices.
- Advanced customer services skills to interpret and resolve user requests for technical support.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills in order to accurately and efficiently diagnose and trouble shoot routine problems on end users’ systems.
- Proven ability to multi-task and set priorities in order to respond to large volumes of end-user support inquiries and complete assigned projects.
- Advanced interpersonal skills in order to service a diverse end user group and facilitate teamwork within the department.
- Good oral and written communication skills to assist in reporting requirements and policy and procedures development.
- Good communication skills in order to communicate technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work effectively independently and from a remote work location.
- Ability to commute to downtown Toronto to an onsite location as required.
Looking for professionally mature, well communicated individuals with superior technical skills and demonstrated ability to work well independently and proactively contribute to a team effort. Will require flexibility and the motivation to work in remote and challenging circumstances in a difficult time.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 777
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 4
Pay Rate 25
Date Updated 03/28/2020