Information Management Analyst for not-for-profit community services client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2067.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: September 18, 2023 to August 30, 2024.
Compensation: $45.84 Per Hour.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station.
Assist in enhancing organization’s data utilization, performance measurement, and business intelligence (BI) capabilities, participating in data harmonization initiatives and employing analytics to support decision-making processes.
- Gather business data requirements to support analysis and decision-making.
- Provide consultative and analytical support regarding collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of data to support fulfillment of best practice standards.
- Advise inter-disciplinary teams on data management and performance measurement.
- Oversee and resolve data quality issues, support business & quality improvement processes, develop and enhance data reports.
- Analyze data and create presentations for internal and external business use.
- Support data governance activities (e.g. data-related documentation, data dictionary, calculations, logic and business rules).
- Develop organizational reports based on multiple data sources, troubleshoot and facilitate solutions to reporting issues.
- Design and deploy processes for extracting data, developing dashboards and managing BI performance/access model.
- Assist in development of streamlined ETL process.
- Perform integration testing and quality assurance.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer-related or similar discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences or Information Management), or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of experience as a data/reporting analyst, including business requirements gathering experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Not-for-Profit or Public Sector experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced skills in MSExcel, SQL, and VBA.
- Demonstrated experience in development with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g. IBM Cognos, Tableau, SAS, Power BI).
- Familiarity with infrastructure (servers, VMware), MS SQL Services, MSAzure, and/or .NET and C# development an asset.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and professional verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Proven data analysis, data visualization and statistical programming skills.
- Ability to interpret complex business and industry information.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies.
- Database administration and maintenance experience (re-builds, de-fragmentation, re-indexing, expansion, back-ups and archiving) an asset.
- Experience building logical/physical data models in relational databases (SQL Server/Oracle) an asset.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2067
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Not for Profit, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 45.84
Date Updated 04/09/2023