Information Clerk for provincial government ministry office, west Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2113.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 20, 2023 to January 19, 2024.
Compensation: $25 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 8:45 am to 5 pm, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday.
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s west Toronto office, approximately 20 minutes walking distance from TTC station. Free parking also provided.
To review, validate, scan, upload and process hard copy and electronic information into database and records management systems, for the purpose of issuing program refunds or invoices; clarifying, responding to, and resolving inquiries and regulatory compliance matters; and performing program records management in accordance with records management policy and privacy legislation.
- Enter, verify and conduct quality assurance on data from electronic and hard copy documents.
- Respond to telephone and written program inquiries from internal and external stakeholders, in accordance with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) directives.
- Prepare and send form letters to program participants. Follow up on incomplete program applications or payment information.
- Process cheque and credit card transactions, or funds transfers from pre-paid accounts.
- Review program participant documentation for compliance with legislative requirements, applicability and completeness, and enter required information into program database. Follow up on identified errors or deficiencies.
- Identify, verify and escalate program violations for enforcement or legal action.
- Track, record and file electronic and hard copy documents into digital and hard copy filing systems according to established records management policies and retention schedules.
- Additional clerical, data entry, customer service and records management responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Post Secondary education, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of documents processing, data entry, customer service or general clerical support experience in a high volume, administrative environment.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice Word, Outlook and Excel (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Demonstrated superior attention to detail (will be tested).
- Arithmetic skills to check accuracy of calculations and to reconcile financial transactions (may be tested).
- Proficiency with scanners, scanner software, large electronic databases, and standard office equipment.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including excellent reading comprehension skills, strong business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Superior attention to detail, in order to rigorously follow protocol of approval processes.
- Knowledge and ability to apply accounting clerical processes and best practices (e.g. payments processing and reconciliation).
- Knowledge and ability to apply Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOI) principles and regulations when responding to inquiries or releasing program information.
- Knowledge and ability to apply records management best practices for both hard copy and electronic records.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2113
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 7
Pay Rate 25
Date Updated 10/30/2023