Human Resources Manager required for highly regarded, not-for-profit Long Term Care facility on an interim basis, to cover leave of absence.
Position Type: Temporary, initial term 3-5 weeks (possibility of extension)
Compensation: $41-49 per hour
Core Hours: Regular business hours, Monday-Friday
- Oversee organization recruitment, hiring and payroll administrative duties, providing oversight to an HR team.
- Provide first point of HR contact for a broad team of employees in various healthcare sector positions using a clear and nuanced approached, critical thinking skills and knowledge to escalate and delegate matters as needed.
- Use knowledge of collective agreements and unionized environments to analyze issues, provide best practice advice and summaries of information.
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal legislation and employment law, updating policies and procedures as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience in comparable HR roles with a background working in unionized environments and recruiting for specialized positions, healthcare sector an asset.
- CHRL or CHRP designation.
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits administration and WSIB guidelines to provide HR oversight to finance team.
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario labour and employment legislation with the ability to apply information in the workplace.
- Amenable to working in an environment with 24/7 operations with the ability to quickly apply problem solving skills to shift scheduling and broader HR issues.
- A track record of strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated HR supervisory experience.
- This has always been and remains a 100% COVID-free facility, with rigorous COVID safety operational best practices in place for staff and residents. A COVID screening test is required as part of the onboarding process, and you must be comfortable with extensive daily onsite COVID screening and safety procedures including Access Screening upon daily arrival and departure; wearing PPE when not at own workstation; and regularly scheduled, repeat COVID testing (for all staff and residents) on a twice monthly basis. The administrative offices are fully separate from the residential facilities.
- Vulnerable Sector Check clearance (Marberg will cover costs of VSC).
Professional environment. Free parking and also TTC accessible. One week of paid training and onboarding provided, as well as ongoing access to experienced management team throughout course of assignment. Excellent professional opportunity for introductory to intermediate level HR Manager looking to gain or enhance health care sector and union environment experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 816
Location: Canada Ontario Markham
Category: Human Resources, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 41
Date Updated 09/06/2020