Human Resources Assistant for Government Organization in Downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1436.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: Three month contract
Compensation: $24 hourly.
Work Location: Onsite in Downtown Toronto (on TTC line).
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will perform a range of clerical and administrative tasks to support the demands of a busy HR department.
- Filing, mailing, and creating/updating spreadsheets.
- Create reports, forms, spreadsheets, and general correspondence.
- Maintain employee data using physical and electronic filing systems.
- Maintain document security and prepare files according to established records management procedures.
- Manage records retention, retrieve and re-file records, respond to information requests.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders; track and redirect requests to appropriate staff.
- Receive, record, date and distribute incoming mail and courier deliveries and prepare packages for courier shipment.
- Additional Human Resources Assistant responsibilities as required.
Education: Post secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration and/or Human Resources.
Preferred Experience: excellent opportunity for new grads looking to gain work experience.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Understanding of general office procedures.
- Computer proficiency and strong database entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel (will be tested).
Task-Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for composing standard correspondence and emails and responding to verbal inquiries.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work professionally and exercise good judgement in a fast paced, high volume and confidential environment.
- Proven track record of reliability, hard work, attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team and overall commitment to excellence.
- Strong organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1436
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 24
Date Updated 01/16/2022