HR Generalist – Special Projects for community services agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2057.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to March 31, 2024.
Compensation: From $30 per hour to $35 per hour, according to experience.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME HOURS – 7.0 work hours per day, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35.0 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid: split between remote-work and onsite Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and TTC line.
Experienced HR Generalist to support portfolio of HR development projects, including:
- Employee Performance Review Process.
- Employee Engagement Survey.
- Employee and Labour Relations Methodologies.
- HRIS Onboarding Module Implementation.
- Job Evaluation and Description Review.
- Leadership Succession Plan.
- Workforce Planning / Future of Work Review and Implementation.
- Support to additional HR projects as assigned.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in HR Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Professional Credentials: CHRP designation preferred.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 3-5 years of progressive HR project support experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Union experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficient in MSOffice including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (will be tested).
- Familiarity with project management software such as MSProject or Visio.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems or databases. Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce HCM an asset.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including advanced level business writing skills, and verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences. Professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Experience working with job evaluation plans.
- Experience drafting job descriptions.
- Experience maintaining and configuring HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks, and ability to precisely follow established processes and policies.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment / position responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2057
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Human Resources, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 30
Date Updated 08/22/2023