HR Coordinator required for provincial government regulatory agency.
Job #: 844
Position Type: Temporary, initial term to Nov 30 2020, possibility of direct hire.
Hourly Rate: $26 – $29
Core Hours: 36.25 hours per week, regular business hours
Location: onsite work location, downtown Toronto
- Provide broad HR administrative support, including but not limited to maintenance of staff orientation packages, assembly of personnel files, policy manual review, issuance of employment letters, and consistent adherence to highly secure processes to ensure information is protected effectively.
- Facilitate and monitor staff training, including ensuring staff are completing required courses and maintaining pristine documentation regarding course outlines, agreements and other supporting documentation.
- Coordinate the set up and take down of in-house courses, including room bookings, refreshments and attendance tracking.
- Assist in all parts of the recruitment process, including assembling competition files, conducting initial screenings, arranging interviews, responding to phone inquiries and updating job specifications.
- Monitor vacation and time off, complete benefit enrollment/changes through external provider and work closely with finance to resolve pay and benefits issues with staff as they arise.
- Provide statistical analysis in the areas of recruitment, training, resource planning and payroll and benefits administration to manager, working closely with finance department and suggesting best practice improvements based on information.
- Complete other HR duties as required, including work on special projects with other members of team.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources required, CHRP designation is considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated HR related experience, including knowledge and experience in HR practices and principles, employment legislation and full-cycle recruitment.
- Strong computer literacy with experience using Microsoft 365.
- Outstanding interpersonal, analytic, judgement, presentation and problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply abilities to workplace tasks consistently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated history of effective work in high pressure office environments.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a professional office environment dealing with highly confidential material.
- Familiarity with ADP payroll service provider system an asset.
- Completion of a PRC (costs covered by employer).
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 844
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 26
Date Updated 07/30/2020