HR Business Partner required for Provincial Government Agency.
Job #: 863
Position type: Full Time Permanent
Compensation: $85 000 – $100 000 per annum
Location: onsite, downtown Toronto office
- Support the execution of corporate, HR and client specific strategy within assigned departments through coaching, facilitation and application of industry knowledge to facilitate effective decision making.
- Employ strong knowledge of industry standards, best practices and relevant legislation to act as point of reference for internal supervisors.
- Manage the implementation of HR programs, coordinating timely resolution of HR issues as they arise including collective agreements, contractual agreements, legislation interpretation and more.
- Employ well developed leadership skills to support a collaborative environment, utilizing person centered approaches to resolve issues based on specific needs.
- Provide coaching to internal clients on the administration, interpretation and application of HR strategic directions, including but not limited to workforce planning, talent management, performance management and employee engagement.
- Use strong industry knowledge and research skills to ensure that relevant trends and emerging legislation is effectively integrated into agency HR policies and practices, facilitating changes as needed by providing support and educational materials to appropriate internal parties.
- Provide coaching to supervisors in resolving individual HR issues as they arise, including information sharing and best practice resources.
- Collaborate with HR team members to achieve deliverables, participate in working groups and working collectively on projects to ensure effective delivery.
- Develop relationships with industry counterparts to participate in information sharing and maintain knowledge.
- Completion of post-secondary degree in a related discipline (ie. Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration), completion of a relevant Master’s degree an asset.
- Completion of CHRP designation and a minimum 5 years of experience in a broad range of HR functions, minimum 2+ years’ experience in an HR consultant or advisory role.
- Demonstrated experience working in a unionized environment and navigating HR issues related to collective agreements.
- Strong working knowledge of related legislation and HR practices, theories and research in areas such as performance management, policy development, employee and labour relations and project, change and time management.
- Excellent research and analytic skills to effectively support supervisors’ HR duties and create material (ie. Reports, presentations, briefing notes) to senior team members for HR practice optimization.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work with a wide variety of stakeholders and maintain positive working relationships while navigating labour relations concerns as they arise.
- Strong leadership and staff support experience to effectively motivate, support and engage agency employees in managing HR issues.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 863
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 85000
Date Updated 08/26/2020