HR Assistant – Entry Level, for provincial government client.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term 2-3 months, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $18.56 to $21.22 per hour.
Hours: Regular business hours, 7.25 hours per day; 36.25 hours per week.
Location: onsite, downtown Toronto location on TTC line.
- Perform a variety of routine repetitive clerical duties and administrative tasks of higher complexity to support the HR administrative requirements of a busy HR department.
- Prepare and produce a range of materials such as reports, forms, spreadsheets,and general correspondence using on-line databases and Microsoft Office software, especially MS Excel.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems, e.g., HR employee files, job descriptions, employee grievances, competition files, etc. and maintain files/document security; prepare files in accordance with established records management standards and procedures; retrieve and re-files records; coordinate records retention; respond to requests for information from files.
- Receive initial inquiries via phone and email from internal and external stakeholders, record and forward requests to appropriate people; respond directly to routine inquiries.
- Receive, log, date stamp and distribute incoming mail, courier deliveries etc. to the HR department; prepare packages for courier shipment.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Fast and accurate data entry and typing speed (will be tested).
- Strong proficiency on MS Word, Excel, Outlook (will be tested).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for composing standard correspondence and emails and responding to verbal inquiries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work professionally and exercise good judgement in a fast paced, high volume and confidential environment.
- Excellent organizational skills to establish priorities, co-ordinate and carry out responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and discretion to handle confidential and sensitive issues.
- Proven track record of reliability, hard work, attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team and overall commitment to excellence.
- Relevant post secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration and/or Human Resources.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and employment and/or academic references.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 925
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 3
Pay Rate 18.56
Date Updated 10/17/2020