HR Advisor – Generalist required for Provincial Government agency.
Position Type: Temporary (mat leave coverage, initial term 12 months).
Core Hours: Regular business hours, 36.25 hours/week.
- Provide support and advisory services to a team of HR Business Partners.
- Lead recruitment for specialized positions within agency with a focus on roles with high level technical and scientific skill requirements.
- Provide summaries of information and analysis of collective agreements, issuing recommendations based on high level research and industry knowledge.
- Provide research support and analysis on compensation related matters.
- Provide HR advisory support to employees related to organizational change, conduct, health and absence issues, and lead the coordination of first stage grievance processes.
- Ensure compliance with HR provincial and federal legislation and employment law, updating agency policies and procedures as necessary.
- Relevant post secondary degree and completion of a CHRP or CHRL designation.
- 3+ years experience in equivalent HR advisory position, within a unionized environment with multiple collective agreements.
- Compensation experience.
- Demonstrated track record of recruitment for specialized technical and scientific positions.
- Subject matter expertise in unionized employment environments.
- High level research and technical computer skills to provide recommendations and track agency HR information effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario labour and employment legislation with the ability to apply information to agency policies.
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal, communication and leadership skills within a close knit team environment and while providing HR support to other agency employees.
Excellent opportunity for experienced HR professional with experience in unionized environments and specialized technical skills recruitment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 813
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 39
Date Updated 03/06/2020