HR Advisor – Generalist required for provincial government agency downtown.
Position Type: Temporary; initial term 12 months.
Hours: Regular business hours, 36.25 hours/week.
Location: onsite, downtown Toronto office
- Provide support and leadership to a team of HR business professionals.
- Lead recruitment for specialized positions within agency with a focus on roles with high level technical and scientific skill requirements.
- Provide Summaries of Information and analysis of collective agreement, issuing recommendations based on high level research and industry knowledge.
- Provide HR advisory support to employees related to organizational change, conduct, health and absence issues, and lead the coordination and execution of agency wide grievances processes.
- Ensure compliance with HR provincial and federal legislation and employment law, updating agency policies and procedures as necessary.
- Relevant post secondary degree and completion of a CHRP or CHRL HR designation.
- 3+ years experience in HR advisory position, with demonstrated track record of recruitment for highly specialized technical and scientific positions and subject matter expertise in unionized environment with multiple collective agreements.
- High level research and technical computer skills to provide recommendations and track agency HR information effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario labour and employment legislation with the ability to apply information to agency policies.
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal, communication and leadership skills within a close knit team environment and while providing HR support to other agency employees.
Excellent opportunity for high level HR professional with experience in unionized environments and specialized technical skill recruitment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 865
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 39
Date Updated 08/26/2020