Freedom of Information Coordinator for Provincial Government Agency Client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1257.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term September 20, 2021 to December 17, 2021, with possibility of extension.
Number of Positions Open: 1.
Experience Level Required: Intermediate-Senior.
Compensation: $35.71 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: IMMEDIATELY – Please note that we are shortlisting Candidates immediately for presentation to our Client.
Work Hours: Regular Business Hours; 35 hours per week.
Work Location: Both Remote and Onsite at our Client’s secure downtown office, located on TTC line and PATH.
Ergonomic Requirements: Regular Desk Duties.
Dress Code: Business Casual or Corporate Dress as required while onsite; Facemask to be worn in Designated Areas of Client Building as required; Fragrance/Perfume Free Workspace Policy in effect.
- Review and process responses to routine and complex freedom of information (FOI) Requests for Information, in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, (FIPPA)
- Researching Information and Privacy Commissioner (IPC) Ontario case law and additional case law, government directives and policies as required.
- Coordinate the organization’s Requests for Information reviews and approvals process, ensuring that response timelines are met.
- Train and advise on disclosure of information and privacy protection matters to internal program areas.
- Maintain and prepare statistics, briefing notes, reports and slide presentations.
- Represent the organization in IPC FOI appeals and privacy complaint investigations.
- Additional privacy and freedom of information related responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma requiring strong research and writing skills.
Preferred Experience: 3+ years of applicable coordinative, research and service response experience, preferably from a Regulatory and/or Public Sector environment.
Technical Skills Requirements: Advanced proficiency in MSOffice (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) (will be tested).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and related IPC Ontario case law.
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Advanced research skills.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Ability to work both remotely and to commute to and work onsite daily as required.
- Satisfactory CPIC Criminal Background Check, Technical Skills Evaluations, Education Verification and Employment References.
- Satisfactory completion of Ontario government provided Health and Safety and AODA online courses prior to onboarding.
- Satisfactory COVID Clearance prior to working onsite.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 1257
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 35.71
Date Updated 08/20/2021