Freedom of Information Clerk for provincial government ministry office, west Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2117.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 20, 2023 to February 19, 2024.
Compensation: $25 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: Regular Work Hours: 8:45 am to 5 pm, not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday.
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s west Toronto office, approximately 20 minutes walking distance from TTC station. Free parking also provided.
To process high volume of program information requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
- Respond to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests by performing electronic database searches in accordance with established procedures for release of confidential information within prescribed timelines.
- Provide advice regarding disclosure of information to program areas and program participants. Identify and coordinate access and privacy issues
- Print or copy requested FOI records, entering pertinent request information in FOI database. Prepare documents for release including redaction and scanning.
- Prepare associated FOI correspondence including fees estimates; statutory notices to affected third parties; extensions of statutory time-limits for responding to requests; and requests transfers to other institutions.
- Calculate and forward FOI processing service fees for approval and invoicing.
- Maintain FOI tracking system and create reports on the status of requests and appeals. Compile statistical reports.
- Additional FOI related research, request coordination, documents processing, and records management functions as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 2+ years of experience processing confidential information requests according to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) directives and principles.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice Word, Outlook and Excel (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Demonstrated superior attention to detail (will be tested).
- Proficiency with scanners, scanner software, large electronic databases, and standard office equipment.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including excellent reading comprehension skills, strong business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Sound understanding of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply provincial information and privacy legislation, regulations and related procedures.
- Well-developed research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of records management best practices for both hard copy and electronic records management systems.
- Pleasant and courteous. Proven oral communication, interpersonal, customer service skills and judgement to respond efficiently and effectively to wide range of inquiries.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2117
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Communications and Marketing, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 25
Date Updated 10/30/2023