Financial Business Consultant for provincial government agency client, remote-based.
Marberg Job Number: 2083.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 1, 2023 to April 30, 2024.
Compensation: $61 per hour.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.5 work hours per day, not including unpaid .5 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday ( 37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: Currently 100% remote. Position may later shift to hybrid or onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, according to business requirements.
Monitor performance evaluation and accountability programs at a regional level, working collaboratively with teams across Ontario to initiate performance improvement initiatives, and foster system innovation and improvements.
- Oversee regional service provider performance management programs, including creation and monitoring of accountability agreements, addressing potential risks and conflicts, and identifying opportunities for performance improvement.
- Provide input into capital project submissions and enterprise risk management.
- Develop and manage critical stakeholder/service provider relationships and consultations.
- Identify opportunities for regional consistency in performance monitoring and funding allocation.
- Lead design and implementation of service program changes, service integration, and broader systemic improvements.
- Lead negotiations to set performance and funding targets. Implement regional Performance Framework and Funding Allocation Framework, and manage Funding Allocation and Quality procedures.
- Develop issues management and escalation process, project evaluation and monitoring, including infrastructure to track key indicators.
- Lead and facilitate project committee and service provider performance meetings.
- Manage funding allocation and re-allocation processes and strategies.
- Lead accountability monitoring processes for service contracts, effectively identifying and addressing potential problems, risks, issues, conflicts and impacts.
- Plan and lead service provider performance audits.
- Additional related responsibilities as required.
Education: Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Professional Credentials: Completed or in-progress Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a strong asset.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of relevant experience in operational management, performance analysis, and financial analysis.
Preferred Sector Experience: Ontario public sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency with MSOffice software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project (may be tested).
- Advanced knowledge of data management and statistical analysis tools.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including advanced business writing skills and professional verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences.
- French written and verbal communication skills an asset.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance evaluation techniques.
- Ability to translate operational questions into data analyses, clearly explain results and limitations of analyses, and simplify complex information.
- Excellent knowledge of community resources (e.g., services and programs), and direct service/care coordination models used in community service organizations.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% remotely, abiding by organization remote-work policies, with flexibility for potential onsite work and adherence to applicable health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start, subject to reasonable accommodation per the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2083
Location: Canada Ontario
Category: Business Operations, Financial and Investment, Government
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 61
Date Updated 10/02/2023