Financial Analyst required for provincial healthcare agency.
Job #: 818
Position Type: Temporary, initial term June 30-September 30 (opportunity for further 3 month extension)
Hourly Rate: $30.77
Core Hours: Regular business hours, Monday-Friday
Location: currently work-from-home subject to client business requirements
- Prepare financial information related to Finance and Payroll, including journal entries for month end, reconciliation, variances explanation and reporting packages.
- Data tracking and analysis responsibilities including Finance and Payroll review for data, chart of accounts and reporting structure updates as needed, cash report review and preparation of monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly financial statements and maintain various internal statistical reports as needed.
- Maintain and update year-end audit book regularly, adhering to audit best practices throughout and ensuring supporting documentation is stored securely.
- Document working processes and recommend best practice improvements to the Manager.
- Work as part of a team on special projects, committees and analyses as needed.
- Provide support and coverage for Senior Financial Analysts and Financial Analyst for other Finance and Payroll related tasks.
- Related University degree and completion or active pursuance of a professional accounting certification with CGA, CMA, CA or CPA designation.
- 2+ years’ experience in the accounting field, experience in healthcare sector an asset.
- Strong awareness of Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards and demonstrated adherence to guidelines in accounting work.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (macros), MS Dynamics Great Plains.
- Exceptionally strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- High level report writing and spreadsheet skills.
- Experience with MIS/Quadrant/CHRIS an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 822
Location: Canada Ontario Markham
Category: Financial and Investment, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 30.77
Date Updated 06/26/2020