Financial Analyst – Government to analyze and prepare consolidated financial information for broader public sector.
Job type: Temporary, full time hours
Work location: Currently remote, will return to office as per government guidance
- Review and analysis of financial statements and related submissions
- Ensure accuracy, integrity and compliance with provincial reporting standards
- Prepare financial information for consolidation into Public Accounts, and budget
- Work with senior staff to assess the potential impact of new government initiatives and decisions
- Develop financial models to identify implications and risks
- Provide input and analysis to the review of reporting policies and standards of broader public sector organizations
- Monitor and conduct reviews to ensure consistency and compliance
- Provide support to significant financial projects
- Provide input to development of financial training programs
- Conduct research of other jurisdictions to determine practices, standards and systems for financial reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of provincial government strategic direction, structure, legislative decision making process and current mandates
- Expertise in application of accounting & financial theory, principles and practices as defined by AcSB, IASB, PSAB and Financial Administration Act
- Demonstrated governance, accountability and quality assurance track record
- Proven ability at risk identification and assessment, using financial models
- Ability to analyze large volumes of financial and non-financial data to ensure accuracy and provide recommendations to stakeholders
- Strong project management background including principles and best practices for coordinating large-scale reporting processes
- Excellent relationship skills to work cooperatively with multiple stakeholders, providing guidance, advice and oversight.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1061
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Financial and Investment, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 26
Date Updated 09/02/2021