Financial Analyst required for a large provincial government agency.
Job ID: 0124
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Financial and Investment, Government
- Close the financial period and provide analysis of what result variances are vs plan and prior year;
- Assist with month end close process, budget vs actual
- Prepare monthly journal entries and analyze variance to plans
- Identify opportunities to support leadership execution of forecasts and plans.
- Analyze monthly results by understanding business initiatives and seasonal drivers in order to prepare monthly commentary
- Perform analysis and other forms of decision support for the Finance, senior management and the Board of directors.
- Post-secondary education and accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Experience related to sales, margin and inventory reporting, and financial reporting
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word; and
- Experience with Oracle ERP system
- Strong business acumen with sound retail business knowledge
- Progressive analytical and strong problem solving skills, initiative, and sound judgment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
Number Of Positions 1