Financial Analyst for provincial government ministry client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1723.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: September 6 2022 to February 5, 2023, with possibility of extension or direct hire.
Compensation: $42.38 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 9 am to 5 pm not including .5 hour unpaid 1 hour lunch break, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid: 3 days per week onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office and 2 days per week remote-based.
Onsite Dress Code: Business Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
To assist with issuing journals, collecting recoveries, and preparing and amending forecasts, ensuring budget accuracy.
- Provide budget analysis, including reviewing budget forecasts and actuals, monitoring funding and payments, preparing budget journals, resolving discrepancies, and reconciling to approved budgets.
- Integrate financial and non-financial information to assist in development, review and provision of financial and management reports. Analyze and summarize financial information from various sources for presentation to senior management.
- Coordinate preparation of budget allocations and related financial and performance tracking, analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Assist with in-year financial submissions, in-year funding decisions, and redistribution of approved appropriations.
- Advise on expenditure planning and monitoring. Assist in preparation of estimates, financial forecasts, business cases, reports, and submissions..
- Review, track, assess and report on project costing, forecasting, financial decisions and implications. Advise on project reporting requirements, and analyze project expenditure accounts to ensure budgetary control.
- Additional financial analysis and advisory responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree in Finance or related discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of progressive, related work experience as a financial analyst, ideally from a public sector or not-for-profit environment.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) in order to prepare spreadsheets and produce high quality reports and presentations (may be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted principles and practices of financial management, accounting, and program analysis, with particular knowledge of budget preparation, forecasting, reporting and control mechanisms.
- Experience applying generally accepted accounting, financial management, budget allocation, and controllership policies, principles and practices to financial and project reporting requirements.
- Experience with analysis of project expenditure accounts to ensure budgetary control.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent listening skills, and demonstrated ability to provide and receive effective feedback. Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement.
- Pleasant and courteous; able to work well both independently and collaboratively within a diverse team and liaise effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1723
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Financial and Investment, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 42.38
Date Updated 08/25/2022