Finance and Procurement Assistant required for provincial government regulatory organization.
Update (September 9, 2020): This position is still open, however our client has closed it to new candidates at this time. Any resumes submitted for this position will be held on file to be reviewed should this position re-open and for future job opportunities.
Job Type: Temporary – 4 month contract with regular full time hours
Compensation: $27.52 per hour.
Location: Currently remote; may switch to onsite at a later date.
- Support the planning, execution and tracking of department specific procurement activities, working with Manager to determine appropriate methods an documentation standards, ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to consistently.
- Utilizing MSExcel to manage large volumes of data; high volume of transactional invoice processing.
- Use strong finance knowledge to ensure that procurement requests and activities are accurately budgeted and fit into organization’s overall goals.
- Coordinate contract, software and service agreement management activities, including but not limited to ensuring that approvals and paperwork are completed, monitoring adherence to terms, tracking contract renewals, expiry dates and budgets, and maintaining strong working knowledge to escalate issues to Manager as they arise.
- Provide support in organizational asset management including maintenance of department purchasing tracking list, hardware inventory database, materials tracking and accurate inventory repository information.
- Provide budget management and billing support to assigned team, ensuring accurate coding of information, effective coordination with internal and external finance contacts (including vendors) to meet needs and address concerns, and preparation of billing status reports.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of industry finance and procurement initiatives to appropriate advise department and broader organization on best practices in collaboration with other team members.
- Provide organization wide procurement support including licensing agreement preparation, coordinating completion of RFP documentation, vendor relationship management, and other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in business, office administration, human resources or related field.
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in accounting, budget administration or purchasing in a public sector environment.
- General knowledge of procurement and financial principles/framework.
- Financial accounting background (accrual-based accounting).
- Familiarity with invoice processing/Accounts Payable.
- Experience working with or knowledge of IT goods/service types and asset
- Demonstrated ability to learn new processes quickly, adapt learning and synthesize various types of information.
- Self starter, someone who takes initiative, detects issues and aims to find resolutions; ability to work independently.
- Strong computer literacy skills with a high level Microsoft Office, database management and IT terminology as it relates to procurement licensing and agreements.
- A demonstrated history of a detail oriented approach in the workplace, with strong task prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organization and time management skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 876
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Procurement
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 27.52
Date Updated 09/09/2020