File Clerk for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1819.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: December 12, 2022 to March 31, 2023, with possibility of additional extension.
Compensation: $18.57 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH, and near TTC station.
Ergonomic Requirements: In addition to regular desk work, there will be occasional lifting of moderate weight items; standing for periods of time; walking within the office; climbing stools or ladders; bending and crouching and reaching overhead to retrieve or re-shelve files; and other ergonomic activities associated with filing and records management tasks.
Onsite Dress Code: Business or Neat Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
To process backlog of hard copy records and other information storage items, and prepare for off-site archival storage or secure disposal.
- Review, record and index high volume of physical records into an electronic file management database.
- Scan and digitize designated hard copy documents.
- Code and describe digitized files, using provided meta-data terms.
- Review, prepare and schedule archived records for secure disposal.
- Additional file and records management responsibilities as assigned.
Education: High school Diploma including Business Administration courses.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 6+ months of related office administration experience from a work, volunteer or academic setting.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
- Demonstrated attention to detail (will be tested).
- General proficiency with standard MSOffice applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) (will be tested).
- General familiarity with standard office equipment.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Previous experience with hard copy and electronic filing.
- Data entry experience.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and superior work ethic.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively in a team setting, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to promptly provide 3 recent, qualified employment references who are easily available for a phone conversation with either Marberg or the client, upon request.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon your acceptance of Assignment Offer and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1819
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 18.57
Date Updated 11/21/2022