File and Documents Clerk for provincial government client, Peterborough.
Marberg Job Number: 2127.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: December 4, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
Compensation: $22 per hour.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including 30 minute unpaid lunch break and two 15 minute paid breaks, to be worked within open business hours of 7 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s Peterborough office, on municipal bus route. Paid parking onsite and free parking within walking distance.
Ergonomic Requirements: In addition to regular desk work, the position will require regular lifting of approximately 25 lbs. weight; handling of historical hard copy records that are fragile and may be dusty; some bending, crouching, overhead reaching; standing for extended periods, and regular traverse across and between floors of office building.
To work as part of a team supporting ongoing, multi-year initiative to digitize high volume of historical documents, supporting their preservation and making them more accessible and searchable as digital files.
- Sort, box, catalogue and prepare historical hard copy records to send out for scanning, working within established project guidelines, ministry policies and defined job parameters.
- Review files for relevance and records redundancy.
- Log detailed file lists for metadata and scanning, listing file titles, oldest dates and newest dates.
- Review scanned documents and assess quality control measures according to readability, file integrity, and search function.
- Box hard copy files according to project criteria and file plan.
- Exercise all tasks with due care, as files are very old and require delicate handling to maintain integrity.
- Additional file and records management responsibilities as required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 1+ years of office administration experience including filing and records management experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel for the purposes of entering, editing and saving data (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks (will be tested).
- General computer skills to access, open, save files within a secure network structure.
- Strong English reading comprehension and writing skills (will be tested).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Attention to detail to ensure that records are recorded with no errors, that only appropriate documents are destroyed, and to verify that completed documents meet ministry requirements.
- Ability to keep focused on precise, painstaking and repetitive tasks requiring a high level of concentration. Must be disciplined and self motivated.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively within a diverse team environment.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2127
Location: Canada Ontario Peterborough
Category: Clerical, Government
Number Of Positions 4
Pay Rate 22
Date Updated 11/14/2023