Executive Assistant for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2125.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to mid-December.
Compensation: $44 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote and onsite work, with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station. Onsite work expectations subject always to client business requirements, and may change according to client business need.
Provide senior administrative support to Chief Legal Officer and Chief Strategy and Stakeholder Relations, overseeing confidential administrative matters through liaison with internal and external contacts, coordination of administrative staff, and managing flow of sensitive information.
- Initiate, lead and support the flow of information, documents, and activities for the Office; identify, prioritize and ensure urgent matters are brought to the attention of appropriate executive or dealt with on own on behalf of the executive.
- Act as a focal point of contact to the executive’s office, manage corporate linkages and protocol and respond to inquiries from internal/external contacts as well as general public.
- Research and prepare materials on behalf of executives in preparation for meetings and requests.
- Draft and/or delegate response to correspondence and information requests.
- Manage calendars, making arrangements for all meetings including determining priorities of appointment requests, booking meetings; preparing agendas, compiling and distributing materials.
- Provide support on project activities and committees; track action items, ensure that possible contentious issues are identified in advance, are thoroughly researched and recommend responses on behalf of executives.
- Provide senior level assistance to Board/committees. Coordinate and support board meetings.
- Prepare documents including briefing materials, meeting minutes, reports, and presentations.
- Coordinate and monitor office budget; check/process invoices, P-card purchases, expense claims and provide regular financial updates.
- Coordinate unit’s administrative staff, including setting clear responsibilities and objectives, advising on staff training needs; provide direction and leadership in the implementation of new techniques and standards.
- Additional administrative responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in business administration, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of senior administrative experience providing support to senior executive management.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced skills in MSOffice applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (will be tested).
- Proficiency in database management, file management, and financial administration software tools.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including advanced business writing skills and professional verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Experience supporting board meetings and providing senior support to boards and committees.
- Ability to prepare and monitor office budget and to process invoices, purchases and expense claims.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2125
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 44
Date Updated 07/11/2023